A filigree jewelry finding, dapped in a way to allow for the inserting of a cabochon in the center.

What is a dap? What does dapped mean?

"Dap" is an alteration of the word "dab" - to strike lightly. The jewelry industry has adapted this word for its own use. Dapping is what adds height and dimension to filigree and other stamped findings. There are several ways to dap a filigree:

  • concave
  • convex
  • rippled
  • wavy formed (like a flower)
  • formed to take a cabochon (like the image shown above)
  • formed to take pointed back stones
  • curled, rolled, domed

Pictured below is a series of daps made from our large 5 petal filigree

A photo of a 5 petal filigree dapped 3 different ways.

Left to right the style numbers are 8352-D, 8352-A, 8352-P

Guyot Brothers manufactures a large range of dapped filigree and jewelry findings that can be used to produce an increasing variety of products from ad specialty items to zipper pulls. You may find  our filigree catalog helpful in further understanding daps and dapping. 

We hope this helps with your project, if you'd like to search the web further may we suggest you continue your search here...







Phone 508-222-2000 Fax 508-222-3011 Email info@guyotbrothers.com

  Guyot findings home| Contact information| About us| Irregular E-Letter| Jewelry Findings Glossary of Terms  
  Frequently Asked Questions| Online jewelry findings catalogs, Stamped filigree findings, Decorative findings, Charms and Novelties|
 the jewelry book shelf| jewelry and jewelry history| Site map| Privacy policy

All Guyot Brothers products are
Made in USA

Always in demand by those who know and want the best.
  (c) 2003-2018 Guyot Brothers Co Inc,  A jewelry findings manufacturer